Smartspot Industrial RFID + BLE is a high performance RAIN RFID 4-port UHF RFID reader and includes a BLuetooth LE gateway. It supports Power over Ethernet (PoE), TCP/IP connectivity and General-purpose input/outputs (GPIO) with two inputs and two outputs. Included servicea are Item Presences & Proximity, Sense&Control for automated GPIO and Spotset services which includes support for black and white-listing via Itemlist sets.
- 1x Intellifi Smartspot Industrial RFID
- 2x Intellifi L-shaped mounting brackets
- 4x M3x10 bolts and washers
- 1x 12VDC Power Supply with Euro/US/UK style plugs
- 1x GPIO Pluggable terminal block
- 1x Sim removal tool for Factory Reset and Web server activation
From left to right:
- RFID antenna ports (1-4)
Female SMA antenna connectors for UHF RFID. The Smartspot automatically detects connected antennas at startup.
Important: Always remove power before disconnecting any antenna(s)!
- Status LED
The status LED will blink when there are RFID Tags present.
- Ethernet port
IEEE 802.3af compliant PoE Ethernet port. Used for connecting the Smartspot to internet and as power supply.
- 12 VDC Power supply
Using the12 VDC power adapter. Power consumption is below 12 Watt, typically around 10 Watt.
- Pinhole button
The pinhole button can be used in two ways:
- Resetting the device to it's factory defaults, see: How to reset the Smartspot to factory defaults.
- Enabling the web-interface, see: How to enable and use the Smartspot web interface
- GPIO ports
For applications that require in- and outputs. In- and outputs are isolated using an optocoupler.
- Bluetooth receiver port
A female SMA antenna connector which internally connects to a three-channel BLE receiver. Connect a 2.4 GHz antenna directly to this port or extend with a 50 Ohm coax cable.
- Bluetooth tranceiver port
A female SMA antenna connector which internally connects to a dedicated radio for Intellifi Relay BLE and/or to manage SmartItem and BlueTitan BLE tag products. Connect a 2.4 GHz antenna directly to this port or extend with a 50 Ohm coax cable.
Refer to article Smartspot Initial Setup.
Installation and mounting
Refer to How to install the supplied L-shaped brackets for instructions regarding the installation of brackets to Smartspot Industrial.
Article is closed for comments.