This article lists the firmware release notes for the Smartspot Platform. Platform forms the base for every Smartspot device. Based on device type, modules for additional functionality and features might have been added. Modules who require firmware to operate maintain their own release notes which can be found in the Firmware Release Notes section. The table below provides an overview of modules which might have been installed per device type as a reference.
|Smartspot||None, BLE2Spot or PentaBLE|
|Smartspot BLE Only||PentaBLE|
|Smartspot Focus||Focus and PentaBLE|
|i4 Reader||None or PentaBLE|
Version 1.56.4 - November 2, 2020
- Support for PentaBLE Module setting request performance fixe
- Fixes a minor memory issue.
- Changes factory default brain from brain.intellifi.nl to default-brain.intellifi.cloud
Version 1.56.3 - September 1, 2020
- Fixes an issue that disabled WebSocket data compression.
Version 1.56.2 - August 17, 2020
- A WebSocket connection attempt could get stuck under specific circumstances.
- Antenna sequence customization for Smartspot Focus could get stuck when sequences with non-consecutive numbers were configured.
- Fixes an issue with the power supply of PentaBLE module.
Version 1.56.1 - June 19, 2020
- A WebSocket connection attempt could be followed by an immediate disconnect. Especially in cases where it took more than 100 ms to establish a connection.
- An issue in file system management could cause a hard fault and system reboot.
- Fixes an issue in file size calculation which could cause the size to be read incorrectly after a few read and write operations.
- Fixes an issue with network recovery in WebSocket mode. Normally this restores network services when the application detects an irregularity for example after an external network change or failure which did not cause the link to change.
Version 1.56.0 - March 31, 2020
- Adds WebSocket support and it will be the primary mode for data transport between Smartspot and Brain Server. Compared to it's predecessor, which was based on HTTP, real-time behavior has improved by a factor 10 and data consumption in idle mode, mainly caused due to protocol overhead has been reduced significantly. This is especially beneficial for use of Smartspots on mobile networks. Server side support will be available starting from version 3.1.0 which is expected to be released at the end of April 2020.
- To provide a smooth and stable distribution of our firmware to all Smartspot devices we have made some changes and improvements in the content delivery system and supporting device services.
- Resolves an issue with the host name not being restored correctly after a factory-reset.
- Addresses an issue with the <max_antenna_swr> configuration setting not being restored correctly after a factory-reset.
Version 1.55.17 - March 14, 2020
- An irregularity in the application and data transport could result in periodic disconnects especially when there are no Items present (in range) and long round trip delays were introduced.
Version 1.55.16 - November 14, 2019
- Fixes an critical problem with the code of an Item which could be read incorrectly due to an issue with memory. This issue has been introduced in version 1.55.13.
Version 1.55.15 - October 10, 2019
- After a factory-reset the <rfid_power_dbm> configuration setting for the Smartspot Focus should be set to 30 dBm instead of 27 dBm. This is to compensate for internal losses. Other Smartspot types remain to use 27 dBm as their default.
- Item type protag has been changed to bluetitan.
Version 1.55.14 - September 12, 2019
- An irregularity could cause an incorrect time field in Antenna Presence Report events.
Version 1.55.13 - September 10, 2019
- Sense&Control now supports proximity counters per antenna (all, far, near and immediate), up to 8 antennas in total. Before this change, proximity counters were only available at Item Presence level. See Sense&Control Senses documentation for more information.
- Internal Item storage capacity has been raised from 5000 to 10000 mainly to accommodate for use cases who required storage of large List Sets. The limit is the sum of all unique Items in the system, e.g. being present (in range) or stored and maintained in List Sets.
- Auto hold time for Item Presences is now by default disabled.
- Minor system improvements.
- An irregularity in the application could cause the size of files to be calculated incorrectly.
- An overflow could cause an incorrect time field in Antenna Presence Reported and Deleted events.
- Addresses an issue with the rfid_region configuration setting which should keep it's value after a factory-reset.
Version 1.55.12 - July 25, 2019
- Changed the service dependencies at startup. This improves the start up time and the time it takes to connect with the server significantly.
- Areacode Sets now allow values of 0.
- Fixes an issue in static IP configuration which could cause the Smartspot to reboot.
Version 1.55.11 - July 17, 2019
- Fixes an issue which could cause the length of a hexadecimal formatted string to be calculated incorrectly. This issue impacted both Codemask and Coderange Sets.
Version 1.55.10 - July 2, 2019
- Sometimes a Set maintenance operation could require more time than usual. This would trigger the Smartspot to do a reboot.
- A timing issue with different storage types could sometimes cause the driver getting stuck waiting for a flag which never was set.
- An issue with priorities could cause the Smartspot to schedule Set maintenance operations incorrectly.
- Fixes an issue which could slow down the processing of data while executing Set maintenance operations.
Version 1.55.9 - June 24, 2019
- Addresses an issue which could cause the device to reboot while working on Set synchronization.
- Addresses an issue with the maximum number of items that could be stored in a List Set.
Version 1.55.8 - May 17, 2019
- Fixes an issue with restrictions for Sets who are created at default and maintained by the device.
Version 1.55.7 - May 7, 2019
- Removes support for obsolete and unsupported hardware components. Although driver support was available, these components were never used by the application.
Version 1.55.6 - April 26, 2019
- Fixes a non critical issue which could activate the Sense&Control Hit Sense when the RSSI was well below the configurable threshold.
Version 1.55.5 - April 24, 2019
- Addresses an issue which could indicate that a RFID tag had user memory while it actually did not. This issue only appeared in specific circumstances where the value of rfid_code_mode setting was set to 1 or 2.
Version 1.55.4 - April 24, 2019
- Fixes a non critical memory issue in the network driver.
Version 1.55.3 - April 19, 2019
- Fixes a networking issue which could be introduced after an external network change or failure which did not cause the link to change. Now network services will be notified and start working on restoring their operational state.
Version 1.55.2 - March 19, 2019
- Fixes an issue which caused problems with connection back off after a disconnect. This system should prevent Smartspots to connect simultaneously with a server to prevent load spikes and delay in processing.
Version 1.55.1 - March 18, 2019
- An issue with priorities might have caused a slight delay in the cleanup and release of memory.
- Addresses an issue with concurrent memory access between tasks which might trigger the device to reboot.
Version 1.55.0 - February 19, 2019
- Smartspot now supports barcode using the ATS100 BLE handheld scanner. The most common symbols and types are included. This feature requires a PentaBLE module with firmware version 2.0.0 or later and Brain Server version 2.10.3 or later.
- Fixes an issue in antenna zone grouping which could trigger the proximity of an Item not to update correctly.
Version 1.54.8 - January 18, 2019
- The initial Q start value for the UHF RFID reader could be lower than the value configured by setting <rfid_min_q>. This could cause a slight delay in the start-up sequence as the RFID reader did not use configured value as a starting point.
- Addresses an issue with task suspension and resuming which didn't work correctly in some occasions.
Version 1.54.7 - January 14, 2019
- Fixes an issue that could prevent the load process of List Sets from storage to finish.
Version 1.54.6 - January 10, 2019
- We found an issue in a recent batch of components which could result that some devices might experience an incorrect time stamp caused by the RTC in factory test mode.
Version 1.54.5 - January 9, 2019
- We found an issue with the MTU being too large for the use of Smartspots on mobile networks. This might have caused a reduction in the number of packets due to packet-drop and re-transmission.
Version 1.54.4 - December 4, 2018
- On heavy workloads an issue with the event system could flood the event stream with scheduled maintenance messages. This occurred due to a delay in the upstream processing caused by a reduction in network bandwidth. Ultimately this could drop all events and no Item presences events are being delivered to the server.
- Fixes an issue with the default value of <mux_type>.
- Resolves an issue with the Bluetooth threshold filter which did filter the data received from Micro-Spot Relays.
- Resolves an issue with a missing status code in a web server route.
- Resolves an issue with localization by telling the server to delay the processing of a particular event and starting it's location estimation until all required data has been received.
- Other minor system bugs.
Version 1.54.3 - October 19, 2018
- The firmware and hardware version for the Focus Antenna module is now available in Smartspot status.
- Adds a new setting <rfid_single_mode> which could improve larger inventories. If enabled it won't flip the inventory target of EPC gen2 tags between A-B mode but remains in A mode.
- Fixes an issue for Set synchronization which might caused some requests to be declined.
Version 1.54.2 - October 1, 2018
- This fix resolves an issue with the restrictions and management of AreaCode Set types.
- Resolves an issue with Smart Items setting requests being dropped or delayed due to priority.
Version 1.54.1 - October 1, 2018
- Fixes an issue with the Sense&Control mem Function Block. Both inputs were evaluated equally while reset should be dominant over set to prevent undefined behavior on the output.
- Fixes an issue that could interpret setting keys incorrectly. This could set the wrong value type followed by a device reboot.
Version 1.54.0 - July 10, 2018
- This update adds a build-in web server which can be used to change settings such as server address, mode, and IP address settings (DHCP or Static). The web server can be activated 10 seconds after device startup using a pinhole button near the Ethernet connector. Note: the pinhole button may not be present on all devices. After activation the web server is accessible via HTTP and port 80 in your browser using the host name or IP address (e.g. http://spot1234). Due to limited resources and security it shuts down automatically after 15 minutes.
- Adds a new Sense ws for Sense&Control. This Sense returns the state of the web server. More information can be found in the section Sense&Control.
- Firmware updates could now be disabled by the user using the build-in web server or changing setting <dashboard_reconnect> to value 0.
- Fixes an issue validating the change of IP addresses.
- Restoring the device host name after a factory-reset could fail.
- Fixes an issue with restoring the value of <mux_type> configuration after a factory-reset.
Version 1.53.6 - June 5, 2018
- Solves an issue with the processing of Bluetooth messages from the BLE2Spot module.