This product can be mounted on the ceiling or the wall. See the sections below for more information about each option.
Important: Note the serial number of the device before mounting. This serial number is the way to identify the device within the Intellifi Brain. The image below shows an example of the serial number location.
Ceiling grid system
The device can be placed in a ceiling grid system (60 centimeter / 24 inch).
Important: Be sure that your ceiling grid system can hold the weight of this product. When in doubt, please add some extra hangers/anchor points.
To install the focus follow the steps below:
- Remove the panel from the ceiling grid system.
- Connect the Ethernet cable to the device.
- Put the device between the main beams and cross tees.
- (Optional) Cut the removed panel to dimension to fill in the gap.
Use the 4 slot holes (See Smartspot Focus Ceiling Tile product overview) or use a mount and the provided VESA 100mm mounting adapter.
VESA 100mm mounting adapter
Attaching a mount using the VESA 100mm mounting adapter:
- Remove the 4 screws from the back cover (1),
- Put the mounting adapter over the 4 holes (2) and attach using the 4 screws from the previous step.
- Use the nuts of the 4 threaded rods (3) to attach the mounting adapter to the mount.
Article is closed for comments.