The Intellifi micro spot BLE relay is an additional wireless BLE tag reader for use with compatible Smartspot products, such as the Smartspot BLE only. One Smartspot can be extended with up to eight wireless relays.
- 1x Intellifi micro spot BLE relay
- 1x 12V DC Power Supply with Euro/US/UK style plug
- 1x Sim removal tool
From left to right:
- Pinhole button
The pinhole button is used for auto-pairing. It can be pressed using the bundled sim removal tool, or using a paperclip or similar object. When auto-pairing is started by pressing the button once, the device will attempt to pair with the closest eligible Smartspot.
- Connection status LED
The connection status LED is red when disconnected, blue when connected, and alternating red/blue when pairing.
- Power supply (5-12V DC / micro USB)
There are two options to power the device:
- The DC port, The DC connector connects to the bundled DC wall adapter, your own 5V/12V power supply or a 12V battery for mobile operation.
- The micro USB port, using any USB power supply.
- External antenna ports (female reverse polarity SMA)
The device will use internal antennas by default; connecting these is therefore optional. From left to right:
- ANT1 is the antenna for the BLE connection with a Smartspot. This is also referred to as the "connection antenna".
- ANT2 is the antenna for BLE tag reading. This is also referred to as the "scanning antenna".
- External antenna LEDs
For both of the external antenna ports, the LED next to it will be off if the external antenna is disabled (i.e. internal antenna is used), and green if the external antenna is enabled.
To get started using the micro spot BLE relay, read the "Getting started" article.
Installation / mounting
The device can be screw mounted using the two M4 screw holes at the sides. See the mechanical drawing below for other measurements (in mm).