A RAIN RFID reader with the flexibility of connecting up to 8 UHF RFID antennas. Including the main intelligent Smartspot services: Item Presence & Proximity, Sense & Control engine for automated GPIO and Itemlists & Spotset services for black-listing and white-listing. Please note that unlike most other Smartspot models, the Multi-8 does not have Bluetooth LE capabilities.
- 1x Intellifi Smartspot RFID Multi-8
- 1x 12VDC Power Supply with Euro/US/UK style plug
- 1x GPIO Pluggable terminal block
From left to right:
- GPIO Ports
For applications that require in- and outputs. In- and outputs are isolated using an optocoupler.
- 12 VDC Power supply
Using the12 VDC power adapter. Power consumption is below 12Watt, typically around 8Watt.
- Ethernet port
IEEE 802.3af compliant PoE Ethernet port. Used for connecting the Smartspot to internet and as power supply.
- Pinhole button
The pinhole button can be used in two ways:
- Resetting the device to it's factory defaults, see: How to reset the Smartspot to factory defaults.
- Enabling the web-interface, see: How to enable and use the Smartspot web interface
- Status LED
The status LED will blink when there are RFID Tags present.
- RFID antenna ports (1-8)
Female SMA antenna connectors for UHF RFID. The device will automatically detect connected antennas at startup.
Important: Always remove power before disconnecting any antenna(s)!
Refer to article Smartspot Initial Setup.
Article is closed for comments.