The Smartspot RFID Multi-8 includes the benefits of Smartspot technology and the flexibility of connecting up to 8 UHF RFID antennas. Includes PoE and the main intelligent Smartspot services: item presence & proximity, sense & control engine for automated GPIO and item lists & set services for black-listing and white-listing. Please note that unlike most other Smartspot models, the Multi-8 does not have BLE capabilities.
- 1x Intellifi Smartspot RFID Multi-8
- 1x 12 VDC Power Supply with Euro/US/UK style plug
- 1x GPIO Pluggable terminal block
From left to right:
- Antenna ports (ANT1 - ANT8)
Female SMA antenna connectors for UHF RFID. The device will automatically detect connected antennas at startup.
Always power off the device before connecting or disconnecting any antenna(s)!
- GPIO Ports
For applications that require inputs or outputs, there are two optocoupler inputs and two optocoupler outputs.
- Powering the device (12V DC/Ethernet)
There are 2 options to power the device: by using Power over Ethernet (IEEE 802.3af) or by using the DC port. The DC connector connects to the bundled 12V DC wall adapter, your own 12V power supply or a 12V battery for mobile operation. Power consumption is below 10W, typically around 8W.
- Ethernet port
IEEE 802.3af compliant Power over Ethernet port. Used for connecting the device to the internet and/or powering the device.
- Pinhole button
The pinhole button can be used in two ways:
- Status LED
The status LED will blink when there are RFID Tags present.
To get started using the device read the "Smartspot Getting started" article.
Installation / mounting
- Declaration of Conformity: Click here to download the Declaration of Conformity Smartspot Multi-8
- FCC grant: Click here to download the FCC grant
- ISED certificate: Click here to download the ISED certificate