A RAIN RFID reader with three dual linear antennas and BLE gateway. Includes PoE, high gain antennas and BLE support. Including the main intelligent Smartspot services: item presence & proximity, sense & control engine for automated GPIO and item lists & set services for black-listing and white-listing.
- 1x Intellifi Smartspot Tile
- 1x 12V DC Power Supply with Euro/US/UK style plug
- 1x GPIO Pluggable terminal block
From right to left:
- GPIO Ports
For applications that require inputs or outputs, there are two optocoupler inputs and two optocoupler outputs.
- Powering the device (12V DC/Ethernet)
There are 2 options to power the device: by using Power over Ethernet (IEEE 802.3af) or by using the DC port. The DC connector connects to the bundled 12V DC wall adapter, your own 12V power supply or a 12V battery for mobile operation. Power consumption is below 10W, typically around 8W.
- Ethernet port
IEEE 802.3af compliant Power over Ethernet port. Used for connecting the device to the internet and/or powering the device.
- Pinhole button
The pinhole button can be used in two ways:
- Status LED
The status LED will blink when there are RFID tags present.
- Antenna ports (ANT1, ANT2)
The Smartspot Tile actually has 4 external antenna ports. These are connected to the two outer antennas. It is possible to connect other antennas instead of the antennas on the Tile, but it may reduce the reading performance. The device will automatically detect connected antennas at startup.
Always power off the device before connecting or disconnecting any antenna(s)!
To get started using the device read the "Smartspot Getting started" article.
Installation / mounting
- Declaration of Conformity: Click here to download the Declaration of Conformity Smartspot Ceiling Tile
- FCC grant: Click here to download the FCC grant
- ISED certificate: Click here to download the ISED certificate