A RAIN RFID reader with dual linear antennas and BLE gateway. Includes PoE, high gain antennas and BLE support. Including the main intelligent Smartspot services: item presence & proximity, sense & control engine for automated GPIO and item lists & set services for black-listing and white-listing.
- 1x Intellifi Smartspot
- 1x 12V DC Power Supply with Euro/US/UK style plug
- 1x GPIO Pluggable terminal block
From left to right:
- GPIO Ports
For applications that require inputs or outputs, there are two optocoupler inputs and two optocoupler outputs.
- Powering the device (12V DC/Ethernet)
There are 2 options to power the device: by using Power over Ethernet (IEEE 802.3af) or by using the DC port. The DC connector connects to the bundled 12V DC wall adapter, your own 12V power supply or a 12V battery for mobile operation. Power consumption is below 10W, typically around 8W.
- Ethernet port
IEEE 802.3af compliant Power over Ethernet port. Used for connecting the device to the internet and/or powering the device.
- Pinhole button
The pinhole button can be used in two ways:
- Status LED
By default, the status LED will blink when there are RFID tags present. Can be changed by the user.
- Antenna ports (ANT1, ANT2)
The device will automatically detect connected antennas at startup.
Always power off the device before connecting or disconnecting any antenna(s)!
- Status LED below the Intellifi Logo (top side)
By default, the status LED will be green when the spot is connected to the brain. Can be changed by the user.
To get started using the device read the "Smartspot Getting started" article.
Installation / mounting
- Declaration of Conformity: Click here to download the Declaration of Conformity for the Smartspot
- FCC grant: Click here to download the FCC grant
- ISED certificate: Click here to download the ISED certificate