A RAIN RFID reader with a high gain and dual linear polarized internal UHF RFID antennas and BLE gateway. Smartspot includes services such as Item Presences & Proximity, Sense&Control for automated GPIO and Spotset services which includes support for black and white-listing via Itemlist sets.
- 1x Intellifi Smartspot
- 1x 12V DC Power Supply with Euro/US/UK style plug
- 1x GPIO Pluggable terminal block
From left to right:
- GPIO Terminal Block
For applications that require in- or outputs, the Smartspot offers two in- and two outputs. All connections are isoloated using build-in optocouplers. An external power supply is required in order to power in and outputs.
- Powering supply (12 VDC and PoE)
There are 2 options to power the device: Power over Ethernet (IEEE 802.3af) or by using the DC port. The DC connector connects to the bundled 12 VDC wall adapter, your own 12V power supply or a 12V battery for mobile operation.
- Ethernet port
IEEE 802.3af compliant Power over Ethernet port. Used for connecting the device to the internet and/or powering the device.
- Pinhole button
The pinhole button can be used in two ways:
- Status LED
By default, the status LED will blink when there are RFID tags present. Can be changed by the user.
- Status LED below the Intellifi Logo (top side)
By default, the status LED will be green when the spot is connected to the brain. Can be changed by the user.
- Antenna ports (ANT1, ANT2, ANT3, ANT4, ANT5, and ANT6)
The device will automatically detect connected antennas at startup.
Always power off the device before connecting or disconnecting any antenna(s)!
To get started using the device read the "Smartspot Getting started" article.
Installation and mounting options
- Declaration of Conformity: Click here to download the Declaration of Conformity for the Smartspot
- FCC grant: Click here to download the FCC grant
- ISED certificate: Click here to download the ISED certificate