Out of the box, the i4 reader will automatically update its firmware when it's connected to the internet. To enable or disable this default behavior, follow the next few steps:
- Follow the instructions in the following article to enable the web interface: "How to enable and use the i4 Reader web interface".
- Go to the web interface of the i4 Reader.
- Locate the checkbox with the label Automatic Firmware Updates, see the red circle in the image below.
- To disable this feature, make sure that this checkbox unchecked
- To enable this feature, make sure that this checkbox is checked
- Press the save/submit button to save these settings to the i4 Reader, this may reboot your i4 Reader.