This article describes how to enable and use the Smartspot Web Interface. This interface can be accessed from the browser and makes it possible to change Smartspot reader specific settings in cases where a connection to Brain Server or Intellifi Dashboard is not possible.
How to activate the Web Interface
By default the Web Interface is turned off for security reasons. When enabled it stays active for 15 minutes.
- The Smartspot is within the same IP sub-network as the device you would like to use to access the Smartspot Web Interface.
- For DHCP, the Smartspot has been assigned with an IP address by the DHCP server.
- For static IPs, please verify and reconfigure your devices IP settings (IP, subnet, gateway).
- Note the last 4-digits of the serial-number of the Smartspot device. As an example, the last 4-digits for a Smartspot with serial number S/N: S14-001384 are 1384.
Activation of the Web Interface
- Power-on the Smartspot reader. Typically the device will produce a 3-tone beep after startup. If not, please wait 10 seconds and continue.
- Press the pinhole button using a paper clip or sim-removal tool for at least 5 seconds. The pinhole button is located between the Ethernet jack and GPIO.
- A four-tone beep (low-mid-mid-high) will sound as a confirmation that the web interface is activated.
Note: For security reasons, the Web Interface will be available for max 15 minutes after activation. The device will produce another four-tone (high-mid-mid-low) beep to confirm web interface shutdown.
Access the Web Interface
You should be able to access the Web Intefrace through the following URL using your browser (Chrome, Firefox, Edge) http://spot1234/. Please replace 1234 with the last 4-digits of your Smartspot serial number. Please note that this method for accessing the Web Interface may not work on some devices or network environments.
View and modify Smartspot settings from your browser
- The Device Mode:
- Client for Brain Server or
- Server for a direct connection from your application.
- Address details in Client mode:
- Brain Server URL or an IP address.
- Current IP-address settings and other device details.
- NTP (time synchronization) server.
- The Device Mode:
- Click Apply to confirm your changes. The Smartspot may reboot. After a reboot the Web Interface is disabled.
- Click Exit to disable the Web Interface.
Web Interface preview
The image below shows a preview of what you may see in your browser. The output and values may be different depending on the settings.